1. Rock Star – N.E.R.D. (Virgin): You had plenty of time, there was no rush/But it was your dream to be like us/You're in dreamland so you don't care/And as you wait we're standing there
2. If I Can’t – 50 Cent (Aftermath Records): I played the music loud so Grandpa called me a nuisance/And Grandma; who always gotsta put in her two cents/I'm the drop out who made more/more money than these teachers/Ruthless like the Coupe but I come with more features/I am whut I am, you could like it or love it/It feels good to pull 50 grand & think nothin of it
3. Heaven Help – Angie Stone (Arista Records): Heaven help the heart that lets me inside/Heaven help the man who comes in my life/Heaven help the fool who walks through my door/’Cause I decided right now/That I’m ready for love.
4. Video – India Arie (Motown Records): I’m not the average girl from a video/And I ain’t built like a supermodel/But I learned to love myself unconditionally/Because I am a queen
5. New Deep – John Mayer (Aware/Columbia Records): Ever since I tried/Trying not to find/Every little meaning in my life/It’s been fine/I’ve been cool/with my new Golden rule/Numb is the new deep/Done with the old me/Talk is the same cheap its been
6. Damaged – TLC (LaFace): I might look through your stuff/For what I don’t want to find/Or I might just search your room/To see if you’re all mine/I’m a little paranoid/From what I’ve been through/Don’t know what you got yourself into
7. It Is Well with My Soul – Audio Adrenaline (ForeFront): When peace like a river attendeth my way/When sorrows like sea billows roll/Whatever my lot/Thou hast taught me to say/It is well/It is well with my soul
8. Have a Little Faith in Me – John Hiatt (A & M Records): When the tears you cry/Are all you can believe/Just give these loving arms a try baby/And have a little faith in me/Have a little faith in me
9. Bring on the Rain – Jo Dee Messina (Curb): It’s almost like the hard times circle round/A couple drops and they all start coming down/I might feel defeated/And I might hang my head/ I might be barely breathing/But I’m not dead, no/’Cause tomorrow’s another day and I’m thirsty anyway/So bring on the rain
10. The Cowboy in Me – Tim McGraw (Curb): I don’t know why I act the way I do/Like I ain’t got a single thing to lose/Sometimes I’m my own worst enemy/I guess that’s just the cowboy in me/I got a life that most would love to have/But sometimes I still wake up fighting mad/And where this road I’m heading down might lead/I guess that’s just the cowboy in me
11. She Talks to Angels – The Black Crowes (American): She keeps a lock of hair in her pocket/She wears a cross around her neck/The hair is for the little boy/And the cross is someone she has not met/Not yet/Says she talks to angels/Says they all know her name/Oh yeah, she talks to angel/Says they call her out by her name
12. Stutter – Elastica (Deception): Is there something you like/When I’m flat on my back/Is there something that I can do for you/It’s always something you hate/Or it’s something you ate/Tell me is it the way that I touch you/Have you found a new mate/And is she really great/Is it just that I’m much to much for you?
13. Not an Addict – K’s Choice (Red Ink Records): It’s not a habit, it’s cool/I feel alive/If you don’t have it you’re on the other side/I’m not an addict/Maybe that’s a lie/Free me/see me/Watch me as I’m going down/And free me/See me/Look at me, I’m falling/And I’m falling
14. Siren – Tori Amos (Atlantic): Never was one for a prissy girl/Coquette/Calling for an ambulance/Reach high/Doesn’t mean she’s holy/Just means she’s got a cellular handy/Almost brave/Almost pregnant/Almost, ya know/In love
15. She – Green Day (Reprise): She/She screams in silence/Sullen riot penetrating through her mind/Waiting for a sign/To break the silence with the brick of self-control/Are you locked up in a world/That’s been planned out for you/Are you feeling like a social tool without a use/Scream at me until my ears bleed/I’m taking heed just for you
16. I Against I – Mos Def (Rawkus Records): Whoever survive this/Only one of us can ride forever/So you and I can’t ride together/Can’t live or can’t die together/Can only collide together/So I skillfully apply the pressure/Won’t stop ‘til I’m forever/One/A door step where death never come/Spread across time ‘til my time never done/And I’m never done
17. Blackbird – The Beatles (Apple Records): Blackbird singing in the dead of night/Take these broken wings and learn to fly/All your life/You were only waiting for this moment to arrive/Blackbird singing in the dead of night/Taken these sunken eyes and learn to see/All your life/You were only waiting for this moment to be free/Blackbird fly/Blackbird fly/Into the light of a dark, black night
18. Control – Janet Jackson (A & M Records): Got my own mind/I wanna to make my own decisions/When it has to do with my life, my life/I wanna be the one in control/So let me take you by the hand/Lead you in this dance/Control/It’s what I got because I took a chance/Don’t wanna rule the world/Just want to run my life
19. 3 A.M. – Matchbox Twenty (Lava): She’s got a little bit of something/God, it’s better than nothing/And in a colored-portrait world she believes that she’s got it all/She swears the moon don’t hang quite as high as it used to/She only sleeps when it’s raining/And she screams/And her voice is straining
I would like to thank all the artists appearing on this CD for sharing their art with the world. I would also like to thank the people who have left lasting impressions on me and the music I listen to. Thank you to my parents for helping me to become the person I am today and giving me the freedom to truly become my own person. I'd like to thank my closest friends for being there through the years... namely Val, Carrie, Starr, and Kesha. I would also like to thank Matt for being there even after everything went down and thank you for still being a good friend. I want to thank all the people who have made my life difficult, because no matter what you've done to me... you've also made me stronger. And every person I've ever come into contact with, thank you for whatever contact it was, I know you left an impression.